I review because I love to read Fantasy and Sci-Fi. I have a set format to my review style:
- I break my review down into synopses, likes, dislikes, thoughts and conclusion.
- I score the book out of 10.
- I DO NOT read any other reviews of the book prior to my own.
- I will always try to write my own synopses, I believe it adds a personal element to the review.
- I will be honest, both about the story and my own understanding of the book.
Words have power over the reader and the author. I believe it is important to remember that we each take a piece of ourselves into the books we read. We are individuals, with our own thoughts, views and perspectives and in the end what you take from a story is not just the author’s responsibility.